About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ultimate Stacking

Friday in 255, we started class up in the gymnasium. Professor Yang gave us some great feedback based on what he saw in our last class playing ultimate. He introduced us to the concept of "stacking." Stacking is similar to setting up an in bounds play in basketball. It allows the team to create space and get open for the thrower. We setup a game-like drill to practice with both offense and with defense to practice the stacking. It was definitely easier to score when we participated in a full game by using the stacking method. 
After we went back down to the classroom and continued our lab D discussions. I learned that the most important thing is to make sure that our objectives, cues, feedback, and our assessment are all consistent. That means that when we create our objectives and cues, our feedback and assessments must be cue specific so that it makes it easier for our students to understand exactly what they are to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment