About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First Day of EDU 255

Today was my first day of EDU 255. I was a little surprised in the beginning when we were told that we would be teaching a four minute segment and being video-taped today. We were given volleyballs, soccer balls, footballs, and basketballs and we had to pick a skill from one of the 4 sports and teach and introduce the skill to the group we were put in to. I was a little nervous at first because I didn't know what I was going to teach at the time, however I was the last one to go which gave me about thirty minutes to think about a few things. First what sport would I do? Then I chose a skill and thought about in my head what I wanted to say to the class. I'm looking forward to learning a lot in this class along with the blogging that I will be participating in also. Teaching in the physical education field may be challenging today due to budget cuts in schools and the way people look at physical education as kind of a joke, but by blogging and letting people know what we are doing in our classes, hopefully we can change peoples' minds about physical education.

No comments:

Post a Comment