About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Working With the TA's

Today's 255 class I found very helpful. We got into small groups with our TA's and discussed our second teaching assignment for Friday. Danielle was very helpful when telling us what to improve upon. We are re-teaching lab A and we discussed different hooks and methods to keep the students interested in the class. We also went over different demonstration styles that we could use to make it easier for the students to understand what is asked of them. I believe that I will do much better this time around because I will have more time to prepare so I use all of the four minutes. Stay tuned for my next post Friday, I will have the videos from both teaching assignments so all of you can compare and comment on the differences and hopefully any improvements i made!

No comments:

Post a Comment