About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Monday, January 30, 2012

Jump Around!

I knew as soon as I walked into class today that it would be a very active day as soon as I saw the box of jump-ropes on the floor. We started by just getting warmed up by staying stationary when we were jumping then we had to try moving around and jumping different ways. It got challenging when Professor Yang told us to get as low as we could to the ground to try and jump-rope. The best part was when we got into groups of 4 or 5 and had 5 minutes to make a routine to Beyonce's "Move Your Body." Our group did a great job and perfected our routine on the first try.
Jump-roping is definitely an activity I would have in my Physical Education curriculum. It works many different aspects of physical fitness. Cardiovascular endurance, muscular endurance, and flexibility are all key physical aspects. It also incorporates skill fitness such as balance, coordination, and reaction time. Watch this video below, and it would be hard for you to argue that jump-roping doesn't require physical fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment