About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Friday, February 24, 2012

Dance in PE

Today I my Statistics lab, we created skits about bullying in PE. At the end we had to make a short celebration dance. It was a blast! When I first arrived at Cortland and saw dance as an activity class, I thought it was a joke. But once I completed the course last spring, it showed me that there are so many different aspects of physical education in dance. If you do a high speed dance, it can definitely help improve your cardiovascular endurance. Also has students dance with partners works the affective domain and when they think about the steps, it covers the cognitive aspect too! Dance is a lifetime activity and a great way to stay fit and make friends as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment