About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lab B

Yesterday was Lab B and it was my turn to teach. My jump-rope skill was called the "Wing-Ding." It is a little tricky at first, but once you practice it, it gets easier like anything else. Below is my video of the lab.



                                                       


I felt much more comfortable doing this than I was for Lab A. There was a few things I thought I did good. I thought my voice was much louder than the first lab, and I could hear myself over all the noise the jump-ropes were making. When I gave feedback to the students, it was specific and cue related. I would say "nice toe out" or "way to put the weight on one foot" for example. I also liked how I moved around the whole gym to examine the students while they were participating in the activity and practicing. Another aspect was during my closing, I put their backs to the cues while I was check for understanding and I "dangled the carrot" for the next lesson by saying we would be learning the best jump-rope skill ever. 
On the negative side, I would've liked to have a little more activity with the students, but being only a 6-7 minute lesson, it was tough to do that and make sure I got enough instruction out to my students. I think I could also bring a little more energy to the class as well. At the beginning I used hopscotch as a hook, but I didn't think it was a very strong hook but that's what this is all about is teaching, watching, and learning how to improve every time we go out and teach!  
Also I have my  lesson plan, time managementvocal transcript , and my evaluation sheet from my TA posted. just click on either of the 3 links in the
 line above.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment