About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Monday, April 2, 2012

QR Readers and Scavenger Hunts

Today's 255 took scavenger hunts and put a unique technological twist on them. We got in groups and had to use QR readers on our smartphones in order to get the next clue. The hunt took Max, Kim, Emily, and I all over park center going back and forth to find the letters. The letters unscrambled to spell "Red Dragons."
I think scavenger hints can be very effective in classes. You touch on the affective domain by have them working with teammates to figure out the problem. I works the cognitive domain by trying to think and figure out the clues in the hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment