About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Monday, April 16, 2012

Working Out In the Pool

Today Mike an Devon taught their lab D's in the pool. Devon started off with water aerobics. I thought he did a great job. Being in the pool room and having another class at the other end of the pool can be tough because your students may not here you, but I thought Devon did a good job projecting his voice for all of us to hear. I also liked how he wrapped up class with his visual aid on steroids. He also used his iPad to use as an assessment tool during our lesson.
Mike teaching in the pool
Mike's use of technology was different than anything I've seen. It was a device that was waterproof and times our relay scores. We then got to play ultimate frisbee in the pool and it was a unique way to play it. We used pool noodles to help defend the high toss of the frisbee. It was a fun and different way to play ultimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment