About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Yoga

Today in class, Trish knocked it out of the park with her lab D! Her instant activity was good because it helped her teach us why PE is important. She had great visual aids and it was clear that she put a lot of time and effort into creating them. Her visual aids were great because they included both challenges and modifications for us to give a try. I liked how she had the stations setup and played music for us to rotate to. Her use of technology was good by using a homemade video of her doing a yoga routine. 


Also her use of her iPad to videotape us for assessments was a great idea. She walked around and gave everyone feedback during the lesson. 
She was great and set the bar extremely high for all us to follow up her lesson. We should see some really good lessons in the upcoming weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment