About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Monday, April 30, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Today was our last 255 class. We discussed how important it is to interact with the kids during our 256 experiences. It is important that we try and make an impact on their lives in the short time that we are there with them. Having a lasting impact on your students can change their lives for the better. Professor Yang showed us pictures from when he was teaching in Vancouver and the smiles that are on those kids faces is priceless. It is clear that the students loved him and the activities he has had them participate in. 
But maybe the most surprising and sad news of the day came at the end of class. Professor Yang announced that he was leaving. He wants to do some soul searching and decide if working at the college is something he wants to do. It was sad to see him talk about it because you could tell he was a little hurt inside. He is by far the best teacher I've had here at Cortland and will always be an inspiration to any student that comes in to contact either in the past or the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment