About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Using the Exergame Equipment

Today Leslie and Emily taught their Lab D's. We were in the exergame lab and it was fun. Emily went first and she incorporated diabetes into her lesson. She did a nice job of relating the arrows on the pads to different ways to fight diabetes. Her instant activity was an egg hunt with the answers from a worksheet hidden in each egg. We also wore heart rate monitors so it was another way of technology that she put into the lesson. 
Leslie used the other half of the lab and used different technology. She had 4 stations setup. One was an Xbox 360 with the controllers hooked to steppers and bikes, so you had to be stepping or pedaling in order for the game to work properly. The next station was the Nintendo Wii system with doubles tennis setup. There was a mini-exercise bike that you had to pedal to work and steer to collect items. The last station was an Playstation 2 setup with an eye toy to pick up your movements. 
It's pretty cool to see all of this technology that is possible out there. Not every school can afford this technology, but as a physical educator I should be aware of what kind of new and different equipment is out there for me to use. 
Using the Exergame Technology
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment