About Me

My photo
My name is Justin Nassivera and I am currently in my Junior year at SUNY Cortland studying Physical Education. I'm a huge sports fan and love my Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Basketball, Baseball, and Golf are huge passions of mine and would love to coach them someday in the school setting. I have always loved teaching and coaching kids and have always wanted to become a PE teacher because it was always my favorite class in school. Many people have strong opinions against physical education and I believe that myself and other physical educators need to spread the word of what exactly we are doing in the PE world. Also check out my professional portfolio at www.jnassiveraportfolio.weebly.com

Monday, April 30, 2012

Stats Presentation

Myself, Jon, Chelsea, and Andrew
On Friday, my group and I had to make a professional presentation to our class. Throughout the semester in my PED 434 Statistics and Assessments in PE class, we have been working on a teacher work sample. Our goal was to give the students a pre-test, then repeat the assessment for a post-test for the psychomotor, cognitive, and affective domains along with fitness. We then took our information from our assessments to see if any learning was done by the students and to create a power point to present to our classmates. I was assigned to do the affective portion in which i used a scale where students self-assessed themselves on how they felt they cooperated with their peers in the class. Overall the presentation went good as we received a 29/30 fir our grade! The presentation showed me how important assessment is because it gives you data that can be shown to prove that students are learning something in our classes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment